Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Builders Corner / Build Threads / Ed Kazmirski Taurus Center of Gravity
« Last post by mgmatus48 on July 22, 2014, 11:36:56 AM »
I need some help.  I built a Home and Hobby solution Ed Kazmirski Taurus kit used ambroid glue, sig koverall, primer and sig nitrate dope for finishing.  It needs 14 to 16 oz in the nose to get the CG correct.  This doesn't seem right.  Can anyone give me some ideas on what I did wrong?  Thanks
Senior Pattern Association / Re: modern engines in Classic pattern
« Last post by patternpilot1 on July 19, 2014, 09:11:02 PM »
do you have a website for the engine?
Senior Pattern Association / Re: modern engines in Classic pattern
« Last post by agilefalcon on July 18, 2014, 11:58:19 AM »
Enya has just made available their Enya 60XF-4AAC with GM carburetor. I think the cost is about $270. I'm flying one on my Dirty Birdy ARF. It's a beautifully made engine that is well balanced and made to last.

I'm running it with a Jett muffler with the appropriate adapter.

The engine can be purchased directly from Enya in Japan.
Vendors / Wings West
« Last post by patternpilot1 on May 24, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
Here is a new source for building products
Well we are about a month away from the Get-Together, and preparations are under way. Pre Registration is now up and running on the CPA website. Please stop by there if you would and pre register. It helps the CD (me) with preparations. If you are going to participate in this years mini-contest, please specify which class you will be flying. Masters pilots please email me you pattern so we can enter in to the scoring computer.
Pre-registration is also available on the NSRCA (D7) website.

For Sale other / Re: Custom Woodcraft R/C"Flight Box" Used - For sale
« Last post by patternpilot1 on April 20, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »
Fountain City Flyers RC Club
presents the

2nd Annual Classic Pattern Bash

 June 7th & 8th 2014.

Contest will be held in Prattville, Alabama at FCF field

Facility location and directions here:

Facility will be open for practice Friday June 6th

Classes flown will be Pre-Novice,Novice,Advanced,Expert & Masters

***Pilots in Masters Class need to submit their schedule to be flown to CD–
Jamie Strong: prior to Sign-up on Saturday.

 See attached flyer for more information !
For Sale other / Custom Woodcraft R/C"Flight Box" Used - For sale
« Last post by patternpilot1 on April 12, 2014, 06:02:46 PM »
Here is a Custom Woodcraft - "Flight Box"  USED  still in great working condition. Has sontronics power panel with glow driver (working)  This box has been used in the past and has had the fuse cradle area beefed up with aluminum plates.  I have replaced the feet and the protective cushion in fuse saddle as well as wing holder.   Can be used with the legs extended or not.  Just add 12volt battery to run glow driver and electric starter.

Shipping will be paid by buyer..  If in the Knoxville Tn area can meet and deliver.
Builders Corner / Build Threads / Calypso
« Last post by patternpilot1 on April 06, 2014, 07:47:04 AM »
Looking for Calypso parts or a plane.
Aircraft General / Re: I need some suggestions
« Last post by Pilot4hire on March 28, 2014, 01:02:20 PM »
This forum is primarily for Classic Pattern enthusiasts.  You'll find that helicopters won't be discussed here. 

As far as an airplane goes, I would strongly recommend you find your local area flying club.  They should have people there that can get you going.

Before you will be allowed to do any flying, you will need to buy insurance through the AMA.  Then an instructor at your club will inform you where to go from there.

Once you can solo, I highly recommend you come back and look more into the CPA.  This end of the hobby is great fun. 

I hope to hear from you soon.

Brian Lundberg
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10